Monday, January 19, 2009

 
Hi All,

And welcome to DC!! Well, actually Arlington, VA. I just arrived yesterday and I'm staying with my sister, April. Friend, Julanna, was on my plane and was met by daughter, Hayley, and husband, Adam. Seems like half of KC is here; Alison and Richard, Sonya, Jim and Gabe, Helen and Frank, John and Sharon. Do you think I'll run into them while out and about?

I'm a bit apprehensive about what to expect tomorrow. Will the taxi ever come? How many trains will it take before we get one with seats? How cold will it be? How long will we have to go without access to the facilities? How far will we have to walk to get to our destination? How long will the lines be? Can we bring our purses?

Fortunately April lives here and has several contingency plans. We'll see. And that's the attitude we'll need to have. Today we got some thermal underwear and wicking sock liners! Hope it helps. And after the inaugural ceremony we're going to Anna Eshoo's party where we have to look decent, so no ski attire, etc. Fortunately these are my big concerns. Lucky me.

Sorry to say my camera cable has the wrong-sized tip so I can't download photos while I'm here. I'll have to send them through Facebook if I can get my act together. If not, I can get it done upon my return.

Tonight we're headed into downtown to dine at The Ritz and people watch. Can't wait.

That's it for now.

xo,
Kristin

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?