Thursday, August 28, 2008

 


Sara Sidle from CSI - Jorja Fox was leaving the convention center next to me, one of the many celebs in attendance.








Aunt Pris being interviewed by Channel 7 - the topic was bus transportaion







John Podesta of American Progress.org (formerly with Bill Clinton)






T. Boone Pickens (Swift Boat funder but now working on energy self-reliance. See pickensplan.com






Carl Pope, Sierra Club Executive Director






Just 2 blocks from where I'm staying. Very lively place to be.







Me hanging out with Op-Ed columnist, Eugene Robinson, my new buddy Gene







Me and my buddy, Chris Matthews. Did you see me on tv at 11ish last night?








Good morning everyone,

I'm back at The Big Tent ready to tell you about yesterday's events. It was a slow one, for the most part. I spent most the morning hanging with my hosts as Wendy, Alexia, and Luca were traveling back to Paris where they live. (School starts on Monday!)

Then I headed back to the Big Tent where I worked on my blog and hung out and watched the roll call at the convention. What a thrill it was to see Barack Obama be officially nominated. Can you believe it's been 18 months of a long, hard-fought battle? But me thinks the battle has just begun.

Before leaving the Tent, I hit happy hour downstairs and hung out with a volunteer at the Bike place where you can borrow bikes for the day and ride them wherever and bring them back when you're done, free of charge. They're nice bikes, too, with helmets and storage bags.

I also met these two recent college grads who developed a deck of cards with a scandalized Republican on each card. They are all anti-gay conservatives who have been caught with their pants down, so to speak. I was surprised they could fill a deck and they said they had enough "defrocked" Republicans to fill three decks!! Cards, anyone?

I returned to the loft and watched all the great speeches of the evening. I particularly liked Beau Biden's intro and Joe Biden's speech. Did you? I've always like Joe Biden and am very pleased with the selection.

After all was over, I wanted to be out and about among the people so I walked the few blocks to MSNBC's broadcasting locale where I joined a good-sized crowd of about 100 at 10:30 p.m., or so. Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman sit on the second floor of the structure. And on the main level, for easy viewing, were Pat Buchanon, Nora O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow (my personal hero), and Eugene Robinson.

As you have already guessed, I somehow got photos with Gene and Chris. Actually, I just asked and they were happy (I mean willing) to oblige. They were both very charming by the way. I had a nice chat with Chris while he looked for a Republican in the crowd. It took awhile.

So then, when we went back on, the token R came up and stood right next to me. So, when Chris asked him about what was so good about the Rs, I was on camera. In fact, Aunty Anna called and said she saw me on tv after she got back from the floor. So it's official now that there was a witness. The joke is, I talked to Bill who saw the dweeby Republican answer (quite unimpressively, I might add) but he never saw me standing right next to him.

It was a fun night among the "ordinary" people. I loved it.

And I hope you enjoy this posting, especially since, yet again I lost most of the data and had to recreate the whole thing and now it's tomorrow. (That means I have seen the big speech at Unesco but I'm going to save that for tomorrow when I have a million hours at the airport.)

See you soon. Go Barack.

Kristin

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?