Tuesday, August 26, 2008

 

8-26-08






Hey All,

Happy to be reporting from Denver, site of the convention. Very exciting.

I got in last night and took the shuttle from the Denver Airport. It was easy going. I was sitting in the shuttle trying not to talk to everyone. They were all on their blackberrys doing whatever people addicted to their Treos and Blackberrys do. Of course I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.

I was dropped off at the Oxford Hotel around the corner from the loft where I'm staying. They were so nice. They brought me out a bottle of water while I waited for my hosts to pick me up. The weather was perfect and the streets were absolutely buzzing with activity.

It was great to see all the rickshaws out powered by ambitious and athletic men and women. Depending on the shoes you're wearing, people-powered transportation could be a lifesaver!!!

So, last night we went to the Planned Parenthood party at The Samba Room. As we approached, it was crazy. Their were so many people. But I knew I was on the list, being on the Board of PPKM. However, we were placed in the non-VIP line where we waited for an hour before we got in.

It was SO worth it. We walk in the door and head to the bar. But just as we were walking by the DJ, Cecile Richards (President of PPFA - federation of america, and daughter of the late, great governor of TX, Ann Richards) started speaking. We stop where we are to listen and I realize that touching my left shoulder is Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. I say "hi" and mention that we've met several times and that we have some mutual good friends. (She reminded me that you are in town also, Helen!!!)

And to my right, literally touching my shoulder, was Ashley Judd. Can you believe it?! We were in the star corner and had no idea. Wendy (my cousin-in-law and fabulous date) and I were trying to hide from the gazillion cameras with no luck. There we were in the midst of the celebs with no way of getting out. We hung out until they all stopped speaking, Alan Cummings and Aisha Taylor included.

We hooked up with Kelvin and Sarah, KC Obama Delegates, and danced until 1 a.m. Great party, great time.

Today I'm hanging out at the Big Tent - The Symposium on Media & Democracy. There are a ton of bloggers, etc. doing their thing. Dan Rather is supposed to be here later, along with people from Common Cause, MoveOn.org, Rock the Vote League of Conservation Voters, and The Nation.

The streets are buzzing with excited, energized, involved Democrats. People are busy connecting with others and doing I don't know what, but it looks important!!

Wish you all were here. But since you're not, I'll do what I can to share with you what's going on.

All the best from your Blue Hearts leader,
Kristin

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?